Shopify does come with its own email marketing service called Shopify Email, and it has its advantages which include: free installation, easy setup, and ready-made email templates.
This is all great if you are just starting out your business and have a limited customer base, but as you expand you’ll realise Shopify Email’s shortcomings.
Some cons of Shopify Email include:
– No email marketing automation
– Limited Email Templates
– Bug/feature problems
No matter which ESP you choose, it needs to have a few basic features for your ecommerce store. These include:
– Customizable ready-made templates that suit your needs.
– Audience-segmentation features for sending targeted emails based on customer profiles.
– Smart automation for scaling your email marketing efforts.
– Opt-in forms that can be embedded on your website or integrated with your Shopify store.
– Detailed analytics for gauging email marketing campaign performance.
Another thing you want to make sure is how well the service can handle your intended email volume.
For example, if you plan to send 5,000 emails a day to 200,000 subscribers, you don’t want a service that caps off below those numbers.
And, of course, you’ll want to choose a service that falls within your price bracket.
Now, let’s have a look at the best email marketing services for ecommerce stores.